Summer is here and stinging insects
like bald faced hornets,wasps,and bees can cause havoc for our
residential and commercial customers.”In
Long Island New York these stinging insects are a big problem in the
month of August.” says Tom Sieminski Owner of Team Pest Control 58
River St Sayville, NY 11782
(631) 806-5039 www.teampestcontrol.net
Long Island New York leading Pest Control Company. Hornet, Wasps and
Yellow Jacket control and nest removal are among our most in-demand
summer services. These stinging insects are a big problem for
homeowners whom have nests on their properties. These insects can
swarm, and attack a family, children,and animal on your property.
These insects cause a painful sting or even a allergic reaction to
some. We are going to discuss what these insects look like,prevention
tips, and Team Pests Control Removal process. It is important to be
on the look out for these stinging insects before these aggressive
stinging insects become a problem for your home or business.
So what can you do? Here are some
descriptions of bald faced hornets, wasps, and yellow jackets
provided by Team Pest Control serving the Long Island New York Area.
Descriptions of Bald Faced Hornets,
Wasps, and Yellow Jackets:
Bald-faced hornet-(Wiki)Dolichovespula maculata is a North American Wasp commonly called the bald-faced hornet, white-faced hornet, or white-tailed hornet. Its well-known features include its hanging paper nests and the females' habit of defending them with repeated stings The bald-faced hornet belongs to a genus of yellow jackets in North America, but unlike many congeners it lacks yellow coloring. Instead, it is called a hornet in the American sense of a wasp that builds paper nests. The nests can be the size of footballs.
Wasps-(Wiki)-Any insect of the order Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita that is neither a bee nor an ant. Almost every pest species has at least one wasp species that preys upon it or parasitizes it, making wasps critically important in natural control of their numbers, or natural bio-control.
Yellow Jackets-Yellow jacket is the common name in North America for predatory wasps of the genera Vespula and Dolichovespula.Yellow Jackets are easily recognized by black and yellow stripes – "Steeler" bees.
Pest Control Solutions To Protect Your Home Against Stinging Insects:
• Regularly inspect your property for Hornet, Wasps,and Yellow Jacket nests. Nests can be found on the outside of your home, the ground, trees and bushes.
• Wear a good pair of shoes outside. Stinging pests are known yo build nests in the ground. This can help prevent your feet from getting stung.
• Look for holes and burrows on your property. Fill in any holes or burrows on your property.
• Avoid floral perfumes, lotions and hair products, which may attract stinging insects.
• Avoid drinking sugary drinks or food outside since many stinging insects are attracted to these items
• Choose your clothing for outside wisely. Light-colored cotton clothing is best. Avoid loose-fitting clothing and white or bright-colored clothing.
• Avoid drinking out of cans especially sugary beverages since stinging insects can be attracted to these items.
• Trim your bushes and trees. These areas are prime locations for stinging insects to make nests.
Pest Control Removal Solutions Of Bald Faced Hornets, Wasps, and Yellow Jackets:
We wear a Protective bee suit so our entire body is covered.
We use Aerosol to the exposed nest with quick knockdown material
If nest is hidden then we apply an insecticide dust into opening( look for flying insects going in and out of a crack in house or hole in soil)
Insects get dust on their hairs. While grooming and cleaning themselves at night they consume a lethal dose of the dust, killing the nest.
We remove the nest. If the nest is in a tree or bush we cut the nest down.
We throw the nest into a thick plastic bag and seal the bag.
We dispose of the bag once we know the entire nest and colony is dead.
There are high number of stinging insects in a nest along with their aggressive nature and multi-stinging capabilities, so it is extremely unwise to try try to remove a nest on your own. You need the aid of a pest control professional to keep you and your family safe.
The best thing for any homeowner to do in the Long Island New York area can do is call a pest control professional like Team Pest Control.
To find out more about Pest Control
Tips and Solutions visit Long Island New York’s Premiere Pest
Control using Eco-friendly solutions at www.teampestcontrol.net
more tips on bald faced hornets, wasps,and yellow jackets
visit our Facebook Page-