Are you tired of waking up with no energy, sneezing and coughing? Believe me, I know how you feel! My daughter was diagnosed with severe dust mite allergies, it had such an impact on her life. Dust mites survive on our dead skin cells and we shed approximately a million cells a day! So what can we do about it? The answer lies in prevention.
Top Ten Dust Mite Cleaning Tips:
1. Use a True HEPA vacuum when cleaning and vacuum your mattress when you change your linens. (for info on TRUE HEPA: http://www.taraspersonalcleaning.com/resources/true-hepa.html)
2. Vacuum regularly with a True HEPA vacuum.
3. Use a damp microfiber when dusting. A feather duster or dry rag just pushes the dust off the surfaces and makes them airborne -the air you are breathing!(for microfiber info: http://www.taraspersonalcleaning.com/resources/cleaning-tips.html)
4. Keep carpets and rugs to a minimum. have a professional, green cleaning done twice a year.
5. Have a professional mattress treatment done every six months. It will reduce the dust mite count in the mattress to 10%.
6. Use a room or whole-house HEAP air purifier. It will filter airborne particles.
7. Keep clutter to a minimum. Less clutter. less dust. Stuffed animals are a perfect breeding ground for dust mites.
8. Wash bedding in hot water. temperatures above 140 degrees is lethal for dust mites. (add a few drops of tea tree oil to the detergent, whenever fabric allows)
9. Keep window treatments and curtains to a minimum. Wash/ dry clean them regularly.
10. Use a dehumidifier. Keeping relative humidity below 50% will help eliminate the dust mite population.
The above tips will certainly make breathing easier for allergy sufferers. They will have a significant impact on your symptoms and reduce the dust mite population in your home!