Article Written by Linda Mittiga/Sayville Schools.
Over the past five years, Sayville High School students have been achieving AP designations in ever-increasing numbers.
Such increases are even more significant when considering that the
class-enrollment population is on the decline.
This year, Sayville had
the highest number ever of Advanced Placement Scholars:
· In 2009, there were 77 students who earned this distinction;
· In 2010, there were 91 students who earned this distinction;
· In 2011, there were 94 students who earned this distinction;
· In 2012, there were 105 students who earned this distinction and;
· In 2013, there were 112 students who earned this distinction.
These statistics are a testament to the collective efforts and dedication of the Sayville students, staff, and supportive community. Sayville High School Principal Ron Hoffer and Assistant Principals Michael Baio and Jillian Makris extend their heartiest congratulations to all.
- To be named an AP Scholar means that each one of these students received an average score of 3 or higher on 3 or more AP exams. Also noteworthy is that these students competed against 1.8 million students nationwide, and only the top 18 percent are designated as AP Scholars.
Spencer Andrews Michael Coan Philip Maehr
Kerry Barrett Jessica Crawford Shreeya Panigrahi
Kathleen Barry Benjamin Diehl Tristan Ramirez
Marade Bergen Melanie Dietrich Victoria Ross
Edward Burke Aaron Fisher Mary Thayer
Stephen Callis Owen Guinessey Brian Walsh
Kurt Caminske Colleen Henderson Briana Ward
- The following students are AP Scholars with Honors which means they received an average score of 3.25 on all AP exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams:
Kristen Bricker Esra Erdogan Jill Mediatore
Julia Cameron John French Tejas Patel
Kaitlyn Cassidy Heather Leahy William Potts
Joseph DePompeo Sean Lorthioir Morgan Young
- The following students are AP Scholars with Distinction which means they received an average score of 3.5 on all AP exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams. They are:
Nicole DelGaudio Jennifer Lembeck Sarah Monastero
Tiare Fridrich Meghan Maloney Emily Nowlan
Liam Hofmeister Susan Mangaluz Jack Rosa
Sabrina Mayrose Richard Salloum
- The following student is a National AP Scholar which means she received an average score of 4 on all AP exams taken and scores of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams. She is Aneri Kinariwalla!