An Insurance Assistance Center will be set up at Tanner Park in Copiague on Wednesday, Feb. 27 to help homeowners get answers to their insurance questions from specialists.
The event, sponsored by Sen. Charles Fuschillo (R–Merrick), will begin at 11 a.m. in front of the Senior Center at the park and last until 7 p.m.
Homeowners that were affected by Hurricane Sandy in October will be able to speak with trained specialists from the Department of Financial Services. The representatives will be able to:
- Answer questions about insurance claims processes
- Help homeowners seek resolution with an insurer
- Help obtain release of insurance money
- Help file official complaints against insurers
- Provide information on city, state and federal relief programs.
Homeowners are asked by Sen. Fuschillo's officer to bring insurance documents, payment records and any correspondence with the insurers.