As Hurricane Sandy - aka Frankenstorm - has her sights set on the entire East Coast, it’s imperative for residents to have a list of key emergency numbers.
Patch has put together a list of local Village, Town, County and support organizations and their contact information that residents can print out before Hurricane Sandy hits home.
- American Red Cross of Suffolk County: 631-924-6700
- Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management: 631-852-4900
- NYS Insurance Department: 800-342-3736
- Suffolk County Police : Non-Emergency: 631-852-COPS (2677).
*Note: 911 is only for emergencies. Do not dial 911 for information.
- State Emergency Management Office (SEMO) (24-Hour State Emergency Coordination Center): 518-292-2200
- Suffolk County Fire Rescue and Emergency Services (FRES): 631-852-4900
- U.S. Coast Guard – Fire Island Station (for Emergency Search and Rescue): 631-661-9100
Receive updates to this story and other breaking news in your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our newsletter here
- Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) (Storm Center and Outage Map: To Report Downed Power Lines or Electrical Emergency): 800-490-0075 or 631-755-6900
- National Grid (Emergency Gas Safety Service): 800-490-0045
- Suffolk County Water Authority (24-Hour Repairs): 631-665-0663
- SCWA: 631-698-9500
- Cablevision (Customer Support): 631-727-6300 or 631-267-6900
- Suffolk County Department of Health Services (SCDHS): 631-853-3000
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center Emergency Department: 631-376-4045
- Good Sam Main Number: 631-376-4444 (after hours, 631-376-3000)
- Good Sam Patient Information: 631-376-4005
- St. Joseph Hospital (was New Island) Emergency Department: 516-520-2201
- St. Joseph Hospital Main Number: 516-579-6000
- St. Joseph Hospital Patient Information: 516-520-2297
- North Shore LIJ Southside Hospital Main Number: 631-968-3000
- North Shore LIJ Southside Hospital Emergency Department: 631-968-3314
- North Shore LIJ Southside Hospital Patient Information: 631-968-3352
Bayport-Blue Point School District: 472-7860
Sayville School District: 244-6650
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): www.fema.gov
- FEMA for KIDS: www.fema.gov/kids
- FEMA en Español: www.fema.gov/esp
- National Hurricane Center: www.hurricanes.gov/prepare
- Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (State Office of Emergency Management): www.dhses.ny.gov
- Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) storm and power outage information: www.lipower.org/stormcenter
- Suffolk County Department of Fire Rescue and Emergency Services (FRES): www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Home/departments/firerescue.aspx
- Long Island Rail Road: http://www.mta.info/lirr/
- U.S. Homeland Security: www.dhs.gov/dhspublic
- National Fire Protection Association: www.nfpa.org
- Domestic Emergency Preparation: www.ready.gov
- Red Cross: www.redcross.org
- To order Are You Ready? (H-34) from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, log onto www.fema.gov/library or call 1-800-480-2520.