.

PHOTOS: House Fire on Garfield Avenue in Sayville

No one was hurt in the fire that started in the basement of the home about 1 p.m. Tuesday. Here's a look at the scene as it unfolded.

The newlywed couple who live in the home got out safe and the Sayville Fire Department was on the scene within five minutes to deal with what is thought to be an electrical fire that started in the basement.

patricia pausewang August 21, 2012 at 07:25 PM
Thank god they were home and got out safely. A huge "THANK YOU" to the Volunteer Fire and Ambulance personel who take the time out of thier lives to help those in thier community.
Denise Morrison Gonzalez August 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM
So glad everyone is safe and that the house didn't burn down completely. This was once my grandparent's home and I have the fondest memories living there...The basement was actually my bedroom & playroom.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something