In Sayville, Blue Point and Bayport, most Patch readers report hearing and seeing plows and sanders beginning Thursday evening and early Friday morning.
Residents noted on Patch's Facebook that most main roads were clear Friday morning.
"Main ones are pretty well plowed, considering the storm is still underway," offered up Eric Arthur Blair.
"I saw plows in Blue Point around 11 last night and heard them again in the middle of the night," shared Stephanie Seff Makowski. Kathy Devine also reported hearing plows all night.
Noah C. Carphotography reported that most of north Bayport had been plowed by noon on Friday.
As of 7:30 a.m. Friday Islip Town officials told Patch that it's 200-plus snow removal vehicles were making the third swing through the town's 1,200 miles or roadway.
Stay up on all the storm news and update by signing up for the Patch newsletters.
We hope you'll share your photos of the storm, the roads, picturesque landscapes and snow angels with Patch. Email them to email@example.com and let us know how you're faring in the dig out.
Complete Storm Coverage:
- Cuomo: LIE to Close at Midnight
- Bellone: Storm Will Be 'Treacherous'
- Updated Forecast: Fierce Blizzard To Slam Long Island Around 6PM
- Blizzard Emergency Contact List for Sayville-Bayport-Blue…
- UPDATE: Snow Prompts Flight Cancellations, Delays at Airport
- Islip Town Has Snow Removal Vehicles Ready, Emergency Center Opens
- Updated Long Island Power Outages
- Gov: NY Bracing for Double Whammy
- Roads, Stores Quiet as First Snowstorm of 2014 Approaches
- Brookhaven Highway Dept Says It's Poised To Deal With Storm
- SPCA: Keep Pets Safe During The Storm
- 10 Ways to Use Sayville-Bayport Patch During a Blizzard
- Where to Get Snowstorm Supplies in Sayville-Bayport-Blue Point
- PSEG Adds Contractors, Preps for Snowstorm
- Cuomo: Major Highways May Shut Down Ahead of Blizzard
- Long Island Braces for Snowstorm
- Snowstorm Taking Aim at Long Island Later This Week