- Head down to a town park, such as Foster Avenue or Bayport Beach with that book you didn't finish by summer's end. Take a few photos and share them on our snapshot open blog.
- Grab a cool treat at Friendly's or Carvel in Sayville or Berry Fresh or Carvel in Bayport and sit outside and enjoy the sun.
- Order a takeout lunch from The Fish Store in Bayport, or the seafood market in West Sayville, and head down to Gillette Park in Sayville or Bayport Memorial Park and treat yourself to a little peace and quiet.
- Stop by Brinkman Hardware in Sayville or West Sayville Flowers, or Bayport Flower House and treat yourself to a mum before they're all gone and maybe take advantage of some specials the flower houses have going.
- Take a stroll along Main Street in Sayville and get an early jump on holiday shopping and check out what local businesses are selling now that summer is gone. You'll get some sun, some exercise and help support local store owners who always support community efforts and run great events through their local chamber groups.